Let’s create blends of colors and textures with the Fade & Marl techniques.
Fade Technique: Technique of transition between two yarns (with different colors) through a sequence of stripes.
Marl Technique: Merge/mix colors and yarns to create new colors and textures. As it is a technique where you work with, at least, two yarns at the same time, the needle thickness must take into account the thickness of both yarns. It’s a great technique for working with colors that theoretically don’t match each other!
– Create knitting swatches using “fade” and “marl” techniques, mixing different colors and fibers
– Introduction to blocking, how to measure the swatch and get the number of stitches and rows
– Transform the swatch data into measurements for the creation of a cowl, using a template as a guide
– ideas for creating a color palette
– exercises with the “fade” and “marl” techniques
– modeling (“blocking”) – tips and suggestions
– your knitting, your choice – Extracting the numbers from your sample
– with the help of a template, create and plan your own cowl